If you are experiencing difficulty in paying your mortgage or if you're facing foreclosure, it's important to get help.
Help is a phone call away
Contact Firefighters First Credit Union at (800) 231-1626 to discuss affordable options that may help you. We can assist you with:
- Re-evaluation of your mortgage options
- Deferment of monthly payments for up to three months
- Pre-foreclosure sale - avoid foreclosure by listing your property for sale
Taking action right away can help lessen the possibility of your home ending in foreclosure and damaging your credit rating. Negative items on your credit report can impact your ability to borrow money in the future.
Before you call or meet with a Credit Union representative, be sure to have the following information available:
- Your most recent pay stub showing current earnings and two years W-2's if you have a history of overtime, bonus or other verifiable income
- Your recent mortgage statement
- Detailed explanation of why you are experiencing a financial hardship
- Your current monthly expenses detail
Financial Fitness through BALANCE - Firefighters First members can receive free, confidential money management and debt counseling through the Balance Financial Fitness Program. Contact a counselor at 888-456-2227.
For a listing of community counseling agencies, visit the Department of Housing and Urban Development at www.hud.gov or call 800-569-4287. Counselors can help you organize your monthly expenses without your lenders direct involvement.