Checking That Makes Sense For You
At Firefighters First, our checking accounts come with the flexibility, convenience and benefits you need. Compare the benefits of our checking accounts and see why Firefighters First puts you first.
Enjoy the convenience of:
- Online banking to manage your finances
- Pay your bills, deposit checks, manage your accounts while on the go and more
- Access to nearly 30,000 CO-OP Network ATMs*
- Access to your money through your Visa® debit card
- No monthly charges/fees
- No minimum balance
- Variety of overdraft protections
Plus, access to your money at thousands of no-fee CO-OP ATMs.
Visa® debit card
The Visa® debit card gives you worldwide access to your checking account without writing a check. It's accepted for purchases and also acts as your ATM card. Use it at stores instead of writing a check. Use it at ATMs to make deposits, get cash and more.
• No monthly, annual, replacement or lost card fees
• Thousands of Surcharge-Free ATMs
• Visa® Zero Liability protection†
• EMV chip technology
• Help prevent fraud using our free CardValet® app
• Securely and conveniently make purchases using your Digital Wallet
Available on all Ready Checking, eChecking and Business Checking accounts.
Do you have a new debit card? Review how to activate it.
For members who don't write a lot of checks and do most of their transactions through ATMs, our free eChecking is the account for you. You will enjoy no fees and no minimum balance requirements.
- Access to your money through your Visa®debit card
- Write up to 5 checks per month
- Make remote deposits using the FireFirstCU app
- Receive your statements electronically with eStatements
To open your eChecking account contact us at (800) 231-1626 or visit your local branch.
With our free Ready Checking, you will enjoy – no fees, no minimum balance, and no per check charges – our free Ready Checking account is unique in the financial industry. Add to that a competitive dividend rate, this free Ready Checking account is an amazing value.
- Unlimited check writing
- Variety of overdraft protection options
Regulatory restrictions apply.
Sign up for checking today!
Become a member of Firefighters First Credit Union. Join Today | Checking Account Rates
* ATM rebate program details: Firefighters First Credit Union will reimburse you for ATM surcharge fees incurred when making a withdrawal using your Firefighters First debit card. Fees will be reimbursed for your first five (5) ATM transactions that incur a surcharge fee, per calendar month. Fees will be reimbursed the same day unless your ATM withdrawal is after 3:00 pm (PT). Withdrawals after this time or on a non-business day will post on the next business day along with the fee reimbursement. To qualify for this program, you must have a combined direct deposit total of at least $500 per month and you must take your ATM withdrawal from your Firefighters First personal or business checking account.
† Visa's Zero Liability policy covers U.S. issued cards only and does not apply to ATM transactions, PIN transactions not processed by Visa, or certain commercial card transactions. Cardholder must notify issuer promptly of any unauthorized use. Consult issuer for additional details.
** eChecking account requirements: You may not have a Ready Checking account while maintaining an eChecking account, up to five checks may clear per month ($2.00 fee per check applies thereafter), and the account does not earn dividends. In addition, enrollment in eStatements is required, and all account notices and various promotional materials will be sent electronically. Fees may reduce earnings on account. No minimum balance required to open the account.
*** Ready Checking: APY is 0.05%. Rates subject to change after account opening. APY is accurate as of 3/1/19. Fees may reduce earnings on account. No minimum balance required to open the account.
IMPORTANT NOTICE for Ready Checking account holders – If you have an ACH, direct deposit, bill payment, periodic payment, or other automatic transfer to/from your Ready Checking account, we'll automatically switch them to/from your new eChecking account. To prevent any transfers from being rejected, do not add any new transfers to your Ready Checking account.